The Allen County Sheriff’s Office has teamed up with the Allen County Emergency Management Agency, Office of Homeland Security, to disseminate information concerning sheltering in place, if and when an emergency occurs around your residence or business. When a community siren or other warning device alerts you of an hazardous release and you are instructed to shelter your- self.
- Go Inside
- Tune into your local radio or television stations for all on going emergency information
- Close and lock all windows and doors to the outside
- Turn off all heating and air conditioning units that draw outside air
- Turn off all exhaust and ventilation systems
- If you have a fireplace, close off the chimney flu.
For those who wish more information on sheltering-in-place, we have created a link with the Allen County Emergency Management to help you identify more procedures for sheltering-in-place. This link has more information concerning the community warning sirens, and additional information about sheltering in place. Please click on the link below, and watch the short video concerning the Community Warning Sirens, BEFORE AN EMERGENCY OCCURS.
The link is http://www.allen-ema.com/
Also a link is provided here for those who wish further information concerning when to report a community emergency. This link is http://www.allen-ema.com/ema/disasterWarning.php