Citizen's Law Enforcement Academy
The Allen County Sheriff’s Office Citizen’s Academy is held each year to allow citizens of Allen County the opportunity to learn first hand how the criminal justice systems functions in Allen County. The current coordinator of the academy is Joe Losh who volunteers his time to coordinate the academy. Joe has coordinated the academy since 2005 and his service is much appreciated. The class size is normally 20 citizens who meet 3 ½ hours one night a week for 11 weeks. Each participant is given the opportunity to ride-a-long with an Allen County Sheriff’s Deputy while on patrol.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The United States Secret Service
- The Allen County Prosecutor
- The Allen County Common Pleas Court
- Divisions of the Allen County Sheriff’s Office such as:
- Crime Scene Investigation (C.S.I. Allen County)
- Illegal Drugs and Investigations
For more information contact Joe Losh at 419-233-5990, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or download and complete an application.